“Sports do not build character, they reveal it.” – John Wooden
As a competitive athlete, you don’t take part in sports to build your character. Build your character and shape up before you contribute to your team or sport.
There’s a really good video I would like to you watch, it’s a Tedx Talk by Brett Ledbetter and title is called Building Your Inner Coach. This video features a few great coaches such as Sherri Coale, Brad Stevens and Buzz Williams.
He talks about how your character is divided into two main areas, performance and moral and everyone needs to have an inner coach that requires a set process to lead to the required result. See video below.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What is the #1 element inside of you that drives your performance
- How smart coaches select their best players
- How to reach peak performance
- It’s not how much you know, it’s your application of your knowledge in your mental game
Best Performance Books:
- John F. Eliot, Ph.D., is an award winning professor of management, psychology, and human performance. He holds faculty appointments at Rice University and the SMU Cox School of Business Leadership Center. He is a co-founder of the Milestone Group, a consulting firm providing training to business executives, professional athletes, physicians, and corporations. Dr. Eliot’s clients have included: SAP, XEROX, Disney, Adidas, the United States Olympic Committee, the National Champion Rice Owl’s baseball team, and the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Eliot’s cutting edge work has been featured on ABC, MSNBC, CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports, NPR, and highlighted in the Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, New York Daily News, Entrepreneur, LA Times, the Washington Post, USA Today, and the New York Times. Dr. Eliot serves on numerous advisory boards including the National Center for Human Performance and the Center for Performing Arts Medicine. His latest book is Overachievement: The New Model for Exceptional Performance. For more information, visit Dr. Eliot’s site at https://www.overachievement.com. Article Source: EzineArticles.com
- Download your Cheat Sheet and be reminded of our NEW BOOK series launch
- Get the MasterPlan. Sign up and download now.
TEDx Talks: Building Your Inner Coach by Brett Ledbetter
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me today. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see below.
Please leave an honest review for The StarPlayer Academy Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, email me anytime at email@example.com and I will surely respond to them to get your questions answered quickly.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!